Respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data
HOOQ collects information to understand your needs better. This helps us to improve our services and the way we communicate with you.
We know that privacy is important to you and we strive to be as open and transparent as possible in how we serve you.
We conduct our business in compliance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (the “PDPA”) and other applicable laws and have implemented additional measures to protect your personal information.
Ways we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information when you:
- subscribe to our products and / or services;
- sign up for alerts or newsletters;
- contact us with a question or request for assistance;
- participate in a competition, lucky draw or survey; and / or
- visit our website.
The information we collect
The information we collect depends on the HOOQ products and / or services you use and subscribed to. Here are key examples:
- Your identity – This may include: name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, as well as service-related information such as bank and credit card details, device ID and IP address.
- Your interaction with us – For example, an email or other records of any contact you have with us.
- Your account information – For example, the subscription services you use or other details related to your account.
- Information on your use of our products and / or services – For example, your activity on our products and / or services, location and other information collected via cookies and other technologies;
- Your preferences – This is based on what you share with us on how you would like to be contacted, and your preferred products, services and lifestyle activities for example.
- Information from other organisations – These organisations include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories, credit reference agencies or individuals we believe you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf.
How we use your information
We may use your information for:
Provisioning & administration of services
- process your orders and activate or deactivate services;
- enable us to process bills and payments;
- respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised; and / or
- inform you about service upgrades and updates.
Market research & service enhancement
- conduct market research and customer satisfaction surveys to improve our customer service; develop new products, as well as personalise the services we offer you; and / or
- improve our service, for example by looking at usage and mobility patterns.
Sharing of rewards and benefits
- offer rewards and promotions, and share promotional benefits and loyalty programs which you may qualify for;
- provide updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver relevant advertising, including through voice and SMS with your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations
Security and risk management
- inform you of service and security issues;
- prevent and detect fraud or other crimes and recover debts;
- conduct internal audits;
- ensure the safety and security of our properties and systems; and / or
- conduct checks against money laundering, terrorism financing and related risks.
Legal & regulatory requirements
- meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies.
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
We will not offer, publish or share your personal data with third parties outside of the HOOQ Group for commercial purposes, without seeking your explicit permission.
We will retain your information for only as long as there is a business or legal need.
Sharing your information
We may share your information, within and / or outside the jurisdiction in which you reside, with:
- companies in the HOOQ Group;
- business partners and vendors we work with to deliver services you have subscribed for;
- industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations;
- financial institutions for purposes such as facilitating GIRO payments; and / or
- research institutions for market analysis purposes.
Your information is disclosed to above only for relevant purposes (please refer to those mentioned in this Policy) or to protect the interests of our customers.
In some cases, we encrypt, anonymise and aggregate the information before sharing it. Anonymising means stripping the information of personally identifiable features. Aggregating means presenting the information in groups or segments, e.g. – age groups.
We will also ensure that overseas organisations we work with observe strict confidentiality and data protection obligations.
Protecting your information
We have implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
- safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems;
- limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners and vendors; and / or
- strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to information.
Feel free to contact us here.
You may also refer to our FAQ section for more details.
We may amend or modify this Policy from time to time, such as in response to changes to legislation. We remain committed to safeguarding your information and being open about our data protection practices.
This Policy is to be read together with our General Terms.
COPYRIGHT © HOOQ DIGITAL PTE. LTD. 2015. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.